Re: Another alternator story, or the slow indicators on a Spit

To: romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk (Romano Kroemer), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Another alternator story, or the slow indicators on a Spit
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 18:09:28 -0500
At 09:58 AM 4/2/98 +0000, Romano Kroemer wrote:

>Approx. two weeks ago I reported on my "slow" indicators to the list. Many
>  thanks to the replies of Derek Evans, Atwell Haines, Joe Curry, and
>  Tom O'Malley. Basically they all suspected bad connections and suggested
>  to take out the bulbs, check for corrosion, etc.
>
>Well, the reason was actually slightly different: The main mounting bolt
>  of the alternator had fallen out!!!!

 <Snip>

> It was still in the car, lying on a
>  part of the frame (after two trips).

You were Lucky!

<more Snipping>

>  Well, the bolt is back in, I also found the distance tube (also this part
>  travelled with me for these two short trips without getting lost), and
>  voila, the indicators are back to normal.

You are not only Lucky, you lead a Charmed Life!!!

What kind of battery are you runnin' that lasted so long without being
recharged?  I gots to get ME one of those!!

>  Anyway, should I feel now very guilty or stupid that this happened and
>    that I did not notice it earlier?

Goes to show that without complete information, even the best minds can
give erroneous information.   Also show that sometimes the Lord Of Darkness
can be benevolent!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO (On the road and LOVING it!)

Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the speed limits?"