RE: 76 TR6 Over Drive

To: JDCampa@aol.com, "'rgb@exact.com'" <rgb@exact.com>
Subject: RE: 76 TR6 Over Drive
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:50:17 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> We are currently experimenting with 240D Volvo J-types available
> everywhere.  Volvo offered enhanced clutch/relief valve/pistons
> in the 80's making the unit MUCH more robust and likely handle
> race applications as well as the stock A-type.  I just received
> all the correct Volvo manuals.  Note there is a P-type with no
> speedo output, do NOT use this, Volvo till 85-86 used J-type.

Just a word of warning, don't use the specification of oil Volvo
recommends. We bought one of those Volvos new and the overdrive made
trouble from the start, i.e. would not engage propperly. A change to the
Triumph type of oil worked the treat, it just took a while to convince
the Volvo garage to do it, (for warranty reasons we didn't do it
ourselves)

Gernot