Re: Haynes manual

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Haynes manual
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:19:23 -0800

Just FYI.  Believe it or not I managed 25 years of TR-6 repairs w/o a
Haynes or Bentley manual. What I did and do have is an AUTOBOOK TR-6
manual. Picked it up at a foreign auto parts store right after I bought the
TR. I have no clue as to whether these books are available. As the Autobook
has not been mentioned in any of the manual discussions, maybe not. While
maybe not as detailed as Haynes or Bentley. This little manual served me
very well in conjunction with the glovebox Owners Manual. It came with a
nice hard bound plastic coated cover and heavy bond pages which held up
extremely well considering the abuse I heaped on it. What with grease and
mildew, wind rain and snow. It's ragged now but I stll refer to it
regularly. Considering the scarcity of such material I guess I'll soon have
it recopied and bound before its too late. Anyone else ever seen one of
these floating around out there?
Anybody interested in copies when I decide to reproduce?

Deano