Re: chrome

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: chrome
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:06:30 -0800
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I'm NOT a materials scientist...  but theory and practice are two
different things.  0000 Steel wool is fine on chrome... I can not
remember a time that I have had a problem. WAX or oils, etc. prevent
rust.  AS well as simply keeping the chrome item clean.  I can not
imagine a destructive result from using steel wool unless the wrong
grade was used, it was contaminated with gritty material, or, perhaps,
it was used too aggresively.  If in doubt, use the 3-M materials.  Let's
keep in mind...CHROME is damn hard stuff...

I do suggest using any of these materials WET rather than DRY...

--Justin