Electric fans, a practical question

To: james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
Subject: Electric fans, a practical question
From: romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk (Romano Kroemer)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:01:01 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James et al,

as it seems there is some power to be gained when one replaces the mechanical
  fan by an electrical one. Now the practical question:

  How do I disconnect the mechanical one and do I need a different (shorter)
   fan belt which does not run over three pulleys (?) (crank, fan, alternator)
   anymore, but only over two (crank, alternator)?

Cheers
Romano
'77 Spit

--