Re: Removing 1/2" hex head in MC

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Removing 1/2" hex head in MC
From: Jody007 <Jody007@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:47:37 EST
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>      What is the preferred method and or tool for removing the
 1/2" hex head retainer in my dual resevoir master cylinder?  I tried
 double nutting a 1/2" head bolt, but that suckers in there...not gonna
 do it!  Is there a source for a 1/2" hex head socket?  I will check at
 Sears later today, but Orchard Supply..a rather lagish hardware
 chain here in CA...had nothing that large.  How does one contact
  Snap On to find out where a truck will be during the day?
        I'll probably find one with a little more searching, but thought
 I'd check and see if there was a sure source first.

 Thanks all,

 Chris Prugh
 72 Spitfar
 Morgan Hill, CA

  Having just gone this, I too had to come up with a tool.  I used a bolt with
a 1/2" head and secured it tightly in a pair of vise grips and place the M/C
in a vise and was able to bust it loose.
  The abiltiy to make and use tools is what separates us from the rest of the
animal kingdom!!!!!