Re: TR6 Rocker Shaft Modification

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Rocker Shaft Modification
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:47:35 GMT
On 17 Mar 1998, Chris Rodgers wrote:

> > I have a theory that mounting the rocker shaft the other way around, and
> > routing oil from the rear pedestal to the front pedestal would improve oil
> > feed significantly. Haven't tried it, though.
>
> Hmmm...isn't that the way the factory did it, I mean the oil feed is at
> the rear of the head....what do you mean?

Sorry if that cam out somewhat confusing. I'll rephrase: Route the oil so
that it is fed to the rocker shaft via the front pedestal. In that way,
gravity should help ensuring that all rockers receive a sufficient oil
supply.

It should be possible to do by mounting the shaft the other way around,
and add an extra oil tube from the rear pedestal (now blocked) to the front
one.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway