Re: Need shift knob for Spit with O/D -Reply

To: randle@concentric.net, krhodes1@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: Need shift knob for Spit with O/D -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:06:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
All this talk about O/D's got me thinking (that's my 1st problem),  on my
78 Spitfire, I have checked the trans gear oil and topped it off.
Question: 1) does my O/D have its own separate oil check plug/fill? or
                 2) does the O/D use the trans fluid for lubrication?
                 3) have I asked enough questions?
TIA
Marty
78 Spitfire
Bowie, MD

>>> Rod Randle <randle@concentric.net> 03/17/98 08:55pm >>>

I would be interested in finding out where to find the same part.  The
knob on
my '78 Spit with O/D has reverse located to the right of fourth and down.
What
I need is to the right of third and up.

Rod Randle
'78 Spit