Re: TR3 temp gauge

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 temp gauge
From: DLM Assoc <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:05:24 EST
In a message dated 98-03-17 23:08:46 EST, tbotts@vii.com writes:

<< Can't tell if the sensor was maybe "glued in" somehow. Am afraid to try
 too much pressure on the sensor or the delicate wire. Any great (or
 moderately great) ideas? >>

In my experience, it's probably corroded in rather than glued.  I've had
a bit of luck in the past by GENTLY tapping on the sides of the sensor
inside the housing after soaking it in penetrating oil for several days.
Did I mention that I tapped on it GENTLY?

G'luck
Don "no warranties, no responsibility accepted, YMMV" Marshall
'57 TR3   '63 TR3B   '63 TR4