Re: starters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: starters
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:42:20 -0500 (EST)
Fred,
Do you mean the copper  bushing that goes between the shaft and the hosing
at the front of the starter (the opposite end than the bendix)? This is the
piece I always found on the garage floor.  I managed to get it to stay but
with some Sta-tite.  Also when I had the starter re-built, the guy
recommended seating it in the housing and before putting it together to tap
it with a center punch.

Bob