Re: Thanks...(TR4A clips)

To: Brian S Thomas <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Subject: Re: Thanks...(TR4A clips)
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:05:57 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brian,

Much as I hate to admit it I got some clips that we're "pretty close" from the
"HELP!"
section at PEP boys... they're called "shroud" clips. They come 2 in a $4.00
bubble pack,
one's way too big, the other is close enough to use in the middle if you have
the
original clips on the ends...

Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca> said to try:

...Chris, try Matthews in Birmingham.  They might have it for you.

1-800-533-3839

Also (from Bob Roberts <MRobe33243@aol.com>):

Yeah, I know the puppy...There is a guy that I only have a telephone number
for....He buys out old inventories of all sorts fof clips.  If you can furnish
him with a sample, He probably can help you.  I don't know his name but his
number is:  814-467-9842..Good luck.  Let m e know how you did....

I have two close examples left over if you need an example. These HELP versions
are the
correct width and shape, but they're 1" long and the originals are 3/4" -- like
I said,
mixed in with the originals (and slightly modified) they work "OK" -- but I
imagine they
wouldn't hold as tightly as the correct clips if that's all you had.

BTW there's a picture of the correct clip in the TRF TR4-4a glovebox companion
on page
84. Part # 613770 (NLS)

 Good luck Brian!
Christopher M.Lillja