Re: Bearing break-in (late reply)

To: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Subject: Re: Bearing break-in (late reply)
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 10:03:28
Cc: ccfarm@tranquility.net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
'Morning Dave,

Welcome to the list.

I agree with you on the run in period, if the engine has been completely
rebuilt.  However, for many of these cars, my TR3 included, the main
bearing shells should be changed out every 30-50,000 miles.  When doing
just main shells and thrust washers, there is no break-in required.

Enjoy your GT6.

Later,

Jack