RE: Stuck tie rod end - success

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Stuck tie rod end - success
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:09:54 -0700

For the benefit of any Canadian listers here is some info on these
scissor style tie rod end/upper ball joint removers.

I ordered one of these scissor style removers from JC Whitney (US mail
order store for all sorts of auto stuff) recently. They were only $15.99
US. However backordered until March 26th - I initially said ok. But
today while running errands I came across a scissor style tool at a
local Princess Auto store in Calgary. Princess Auto is a nation wide
chain in Canada (I think it's nation wide). Although this tool was in
the clearance section of my local store so maybe not all the locations
would have it. The best part was the price - $9.93 Canadian (plus 7%
GST). Sweet!.

FWIW, the tool was made in Taiwan. I have not used yet so don't know if
it's the same as the VB or JC Whitney one. But for $10, I am not so
concerned - the tool seems good quality for the job.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada