Re: Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids

To: ABunch726 <ABunch726@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:00:23 -0500
Cc: RVincenti@lbfc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ABunch726 wrote:

> There are basically 2 schools of thought on how to add a parking brake to a
> rear disk brake system.  65 to 87 Corvettes actually use a small drum brake
> setup inside the rear disk.  The inside of the rotor is also a drum.

  My 1992 Celica works this way as well, does your MR2 have this?

  It seems like a nice system, but to be honest the parking brake
doesn't work very well. You have to REALLY crank it on, but that
could be a problem with my car, perhaps it's only working on
one wheel or something.

  As well, you are supposed to ride the parking brake breifly a few
times a year to keep the inner drum smooth.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada