re:triumph as the only car

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:triumph as the only car
From: Tim Taylor <tim@versa.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:39:37 -0600 (CST)
I've been existing with my tr6 as my only car for over a year now.  My
former job required me to drive all over the city to meet clients.  I was
logging about 400 miles a week.  The real inconveniences were the rainy
days (leaky top), and having to wait 2 or 3 days for parts shipping.
Sometimes you have to  make "spot repairs" to parts to keep yourself on the
road  while waiting for UPS.  Spot repairs have included :  a cork and blue
silicon sealant to plug that drainage hole in the water pump . (that one
actually held for a really long time) ,   I shimmed out the starter with
thick washers for a few days to make up the spacing where the bottom of the
gear that engages in the flywheel had warn away. When the fuel pump went I
had to stop myself from buying a little marine-tank squeeze ball, and
routing the fuel lines through the tranie cover and pumping manually.  The
visions of a fiery death where just a little too vivid.  I called in sick
that day.

It definitely keeps you thinking creatively

Tim Taylor                      888-800-5904 x1625phone
VersaCom Inc.                   512-310-9105 fax
www.versa.com