TR6 polished alloy valve cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 polished alloy valve cover
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 14:32:34 PST
All,
        Just thought I would report on my new polished alloy valve cover
for Rags.

        The alloy valve covers shown in British magazines (eg "Triumph
World") routinely shows covers that have a series of 3/8" (approximate)
ridges running along the full length of the top of the cover.

        The alloy valve covers available from TRF & Moss have substantially
lower ridges, about 1/8" high.

        With some help from this list, I was told that VB sold the valve
cover that I wanted (with the 3/8" ridges).  I took advantage of
VB's recent Winter sale and ordered a valve cover - $120.  It arrived
the other day, and it is exactly what I wanted.  It is made in England,
and beautifully made.  There are no imperfections in the alloy, and the
polish is chromelike.  The oil filler seal looks like it will do the
job.  Beautiful, impressive, and well-worth the money.

        In order to fit the cover, I will have to remove the EGR valve
(the EGR will foul the new valve cover) and plug the hole - this will
have to wait until Rags is smogged later this year.  There is no lip
at the bottom of the valve cover to center the gasket, so I will be
using Permatex to build a good seal, unless of course Justin Wagner
starts making his hi-tech gaskets for TR6s (nudge, nudge).

        I'm stoked!

        Shane Ingate in San Diego