RE: TR-6 Restoration Questions

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Restoration Questions
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:25:21 -0800
Cc: cnlduckwor@ninenet.com
>Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:45:46 -0600
>From: "Charles Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
>Subject: TR-6 Restoration Questions

>wood dash question:

If you want to save your dash, visit some local antique shops.  They'll
give you the best advice to match both the veneer and finish to maintain
the origional characteristics.

>engine compartment with a black material (rust preventative?)
>that can be removed with gasoline and a rag

I used Simple Green and a nylon/plastic scrubbrush to remove unknow
gummy substances in my engine compartment.  No fumes and it is water
soluable.  For the tough spots I used a sponge/scrubber safe for teflon
pans.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6, Los Angeles