Re: advice needed

To: "W. H. Holcombe" <Holc@worldnet.att.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: advice needed
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 14:33:25 -0800
I remember my consternation the first time I delt with these things. As I
recall, I used a broken hack saw blade to cut a slot in the heads thus
enabling the use of a very short shanked, broad headed screw driver to get
the damn bolts out. that allowed me to get the unit in and out many times
afterwards. When the lock finally wore out and was replaced I took pains
not to overtighten and break offf the top ot the break away bolts that were
supplied. Hopefully that will allow me to get the lock out easily when the
need arises. The break aways were designed as a theft deterrent I believe.
But I never really saw the utility. I mean... it takes a while to even get
access to them, much too long for any self respecting car thief.

deano