Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:21:52 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Yesterday, at 12:46 pm, list member Dave Eaton posted a note to
the Triumph list about a Haynes TR250/TR6 manual for sale.

An hour later, the seller posted a second message to say that
the manual had been sold. I'm going to guess that the second
note resulted from the number of emails the seller was likely to
receive from hopeful buyers.

It's obvious that there's a considerable demand for the Haynes
TR250/TR6 manual, and properly so. It's also obvious that Haynes
hasn't the slightest intention of reprinting it.

I have a Haynes manual (it came with the car), and I'd like to
have a second one in case I want to loan mine out, lose it or
somehow destroy it. But I'd feel guilty buying one off the
Triumph list - if I have two, that means someone else has none
at all.

So what would happen if a source of bootleg bound photocopied
manuals just happened to turn up?

It wouldn't be me, you understand. It would be some, ahhh,
"anonymous" guy . . . yeah, that's it.

Just curious.

Jim Hill
Madison WI