Re: Multi Use ATF

To: james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
Subject: Re: Multi Use ATF
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:55:33 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-03-04 08:57:42 EST, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk writes:

> In SU's it's purpose is to dampen the rise, thus richening
>  the fuel mixture when initially accelerating.  Isn't it the
>  same with ZS's.   It also oscillation of the dash pot.
>
>  Think of it as a shock adsorbed for your carburettors, remove
>  the oil, and have a very springy ride.  Have you ever been in
>  a car with no oil in the dash pot?

James, yer right, mate.  As I said:

"According to the design specs. - 20W oil is what is supposed to be in ZS
carburettor dashpots.  Other things work, however.  The purpose of the oil is
to dampen the rise and fall of the piston."

Maybe I should have said "motion of the piston" ??  BTW - SU's and ZS's work
on the same "air pressure/vacuum" principle.  Cheers.

Art Kelly