Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Subject: Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:34:21 -0500 "Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM" (Feb 19, 11:36am)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago, Peter Hore questioned as to whether or
not GM collaborated with BMW during the design of the (as we
now know it) Rover 3.5 L engine. I talked to my father and one
of the other engineers on the project, and I have been told
that any similarity between the 3.5 and BMWs 2.6 L are purely
coincidental. My dad sent me an article that he had written
recently (trying to record some of the history of his projects)
about the development of the Aluminum 3.5, the current 3.8 L
V6 as well as some other projects he was involved with.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com