Re: Stromberg carb question, TR6

To: jmike@sky.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg carb question, TR6
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:14:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jmike@sky.net wrote:

> Hello to all again.
>
> I posted a question to the list a few days ago, in which I asked about how to
> adjust a carb on my 70 TR6.   In that post, I mentioned that I have read that
> some of these carbs were non-adjustable, at least in the normal way.   The
>posts
> I have received mostly told me that I could adjust, but one post indicated
> authoritively that the 70 carbs were non-adjustable, except in an offhand sort
> of way, using a paper clip and a straight edge.   Could we thread this out,
>and
> come to some sort of an understanding?   Look forward to all of your
>knowledge.
>
> Mike Barron
> 70 TR6
> 60 TR3
Mike,

I have a '70 TR6, and like Scott mentioned, they are adjustable. You can
adjust the fast and slow idle settings, and if you have the proper tool,
(an allen like wrench and collar that fits down through the damper
assembly) which enriches or leans out the fuel mixture. The tool costs
about $10.00 and is available from the big three suppliers.

Also, go to the VTR web site, under maintenance for an article on carb
adjusting.  Also you can check out the Haynes Techbook on Weber Carbs
since it also has an excellent section on ZS carbs.

Good luck.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
Alexandria, VA