Re: dusted by a Corolla??

To: "libertyc" <libertyc@erols.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: dusted by a Corolla??
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 08:53:33 +1300charset="iso-8859-1"
Carl et al

While Toyotas latest engine looks impressive, you may want to see what a
local technology company (Powerbeat International) here in the Waikato (New
Zealand) are developing.

Visit their web-site at http://www.powerbeat.com - well worth it.

Their latest development is an engine made mainly from _extruded_ aluminium.
Much cheaper to manufacture, much lighter and apparently easier to assemble
as well.

On a recent club visit to their site, we were able to view all this and many
other projects they have on the go. The engine was being assembled when we
visited and they demonstrated it working to their shareholders less than a
week later.

They started by creating a battery that will always start the car, even when
the lights or other accessories are left on (a common problem around here
with foggy winter mornings) and their ideas have snowballed from there.

David Greed
1979 2500S
Email: greed@wave.co.nz  (Home)
 sys_dwg@cmosaf.telecom.co.nz (Work - AlphaStation)