TR6 Diff Mount Template

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Diff Mount Template
From: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:27:00 -0800
I'm in the process of repairing a crack in the differential mount on my TR250
and at the same time "box in"  the mount. Reading the VTR page
(http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diff-mounts.html) on the reinforcement procedure
it states that when fabricating these pieces to make sure you include the large
holes in the plates to allow moisture to escape. I would think that these holes
would allow crude and dirt to fill in the bottom of the mount and promote
corrosion. Wouldn't a solid plate work better, or better yet, one with a large
hole fitted with a plug that could be removed for future inspection of the
mount? Any comments?

Ken Brown
TR 250 owner since 1980