Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: John Peacock <pearesto@totcon.com>
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:42:13 -0800
Cc: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net
John Peacock wrote:

> OK thats good too.  But it should be done just the same.
>
> ----------
> > From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
> > To: pearesto@totcon.com
> > Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net; vtr-admin@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
> > Date: Wednesday, October 29, 1997 9:39 AM
> >

> >     Maybe the best thing is for VTR to send a flyer out asking if we want
> our
> >     names included in such a list.  A non returned flyer would be implied
> >     consent..  I think a list of all Triumphs would be great, not just
> >
> > At the moment, I'll just point out that it might be better to reverse
> this,
> > and assume that only RETURNED flyers provide consent.
> >
> > mjb.
John,

I agree, it should be done, and I think that only the returned ones
should be considered.  But with the continued concern about privacy and
my desire not to lose the ones that don't want their names mentioned, I
propose that an additional piece of data be requestes.  That being,
"indicate if you wish that your name be withheld from data about your
Spitfire?"  I think that would encourage most people to participate and
appease the ones who want to protect their privacy.  You still get a
sense of location from the City.

What do you think?

Joe Curry    '63 Spit