Re: Bending fuel lines

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Bending fuel lines
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:53:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just thought I'd put my two cents in on this thread...

I found carefully pulling the brakeline around a suitably sized diamater
pipe is more effective than the cheap sale-table type pipe benders...  I
just go up to a lamp post, for example... and slowly work the pipe
around it, until I get the radius I need... I find I can do this with
little to no collapse.

In regards to creating a pipe from scratch... I find it helpful to first
run a coat-wire or thin pencil steel along the route... and get it all
bent where I want it... THEN... i use this wire as my master... to
duplicate with brake line...

I have found a source for a low-temp liquid metal... that you can heat
up... fill up a brake line... let it cool... bend the pipe as if it was
a solid.. (i.e. no collapse) then just heat the pipe back up... and it
all comes out... (to be re-used on the next pipe)   (we're talking the
temperature of hot water here.)

I've yet to try it out... but if anyone is interested... I could pass
the information along.

Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com