Bending fuel lines

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bending fuel lines
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:58:06 -0800
To Peter Zaborski:

Peter, I just made a new fuel pipe for my TR6 last April.  Got a bending
tool for $22 or so, and bought some pipe.  The ends of the fuel line are
NOT flared, they take a compression fitting instead.  Just cut the ends and
clean up with a file.  You may have an easier time than I did making your
pipe, 'cuz it sounds like you've got the old one to use as a guide.  I did
not.  So, there was more than a little trial and error (and some pipe
wasted) getting the bends right so that the pipe went through the right
places.  I wasn't able to bend it accurately enough for the pipe to be able
to pass through the little "loop" that's supposed to support the pipe at
the water pump.  Oh well.  But, it looks right.

Good Luck!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732