Blowing Fuse on TR6

To: wave@ravenet.com
Subject: Blowing Fuse on TR6
From: TR66pack@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:02:22 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Will,

When I bought my '74 TR6 I had the same cuircuit blowing fuses. While I never
got arounf to fixing the problem, I did get back on the road with the snip of
a wire. Let me 'splain...

You'll find two wires connected to one spade connector at the fuse that keeps
blowing. I cut one wire off the spade and plugged it back into the fuse box.
I flipped my light switch on and had my tail lights, dash lights, and turn
signals back, but was still without my front driving lights. That's the way
my car has been since May because I figure I've heaadlights upfront for night
driving so the front running lights aren't that critical. At least now I have
tail lights and dash lights abd turn signals. This winter (which just arrived
here in Wisconsin) I'm going to spend the time tracking down the actual
problem.

So...Cut one of the wires off your connector, plug it into the fuse, and turn
your lights on. If you're lucky you'll have everything back but your front
running lights and you can at least drive while you look for the problem.

If you're unlucky, you cut the wrong wire and blew another fuse. Just
reconnect the wire you cut and cut the one you didn't, and that should get
you back to the scenerio described in the paragraph above.

Now you can drive your car and look for the problem at a more leisurely pace.

By the way, when you find the actual problem let me know what it was so I can
look there too. My winter garage isn't heated!

Good luck, let me know if this helps....

Kerry Fores
Editor
6-Pack