RE: Are Monzas really loud and something else

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Are Monzas really loud and something else
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 03:38:44 -0700
Listers,

I would have to second Jim's opinion on the Monzas to an extent.  I've had mine
for about 5 years now.  I do like the sound in and around town, esp. the
blat/pop on overun.

I had a friend who restores LBC's for a living, (shameless plug to follow -
James Horrod from EOP Restorations in Watsonville CA) drive my car in a rally
not too long ago - July to be more precise - his first comments upon returning
were:  Get rid of that damn exhaust system, and What have you got those Spax
shocks set at?

Once again this goes to show what different comfort levels we all have.  I
sometimes wish I didn't have the incessant drone in my head during long freeway
trips, but I truly enjoy the sound in a more "backroad" setting.  Kind of a
tossup.....soon to be a moot point as I am now exempt from smog checks here in
the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, and as such will be putting my header on
and re-doing the exhaust over the winter.

To each thier own.....

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA