SurreyTop pictures

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SurreyTop pictures
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:25:09 -0700
Ok, the TR4 surreytop pictures are in.  I will be annotating them and writing
a "story" next and then delevering to VTR.  However, If you feel the need for
a preview, send me your request and I'll forward the un-edited pic's.  I'm
going to attempt some touch up on the pictures as the day was so incredible
that it was so bright that some of the pictures didn't come out that well.

And by the way, hasn't anybody had any experiance with bleeding brakes using a
vacume bleeder?  I posted a message 3 days ago, no responses.  I guess that
everyone was either getting to sick from that BS that was polluting the list
that they completely missed my very real problem.

Repost of vacume bleeding problem:

I attempted to use one of those vacume based tools to bleed the brakes on my
'63 TR4 this weekend.  I could put 30" Hg of vacume on the system from the
bleeder valve (opened) and only draw the fluid out of the slave and no more.
Considering the possibility that something in the master cylinder was causing
a problem, I disconnected the brake line from it and again I could put vacume
on the system from the bleeder valve.  In fact the system would hold the
vacume at about 25" Hg.  Is there a valve in the restrictor that is preventing
me from bleeding the brakes in this manor?  I'm avoiding removing and
disasembling the restrictor since I don't really know anything about it and
the manual doesn't break it down.  So I'm not sure how to adjust it correctly
once I've removed it and taken it apart.

I've since resorted to bleeding the brakes using the tried and true pump the
brakes and bleed method.  But I'd still like to know why the vacume method
wouldn't work.

thanks, Dave Zempel
'63 TR4 SurreyTop
Sunnyvale, CA.