Dieseling TR4A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dieseling TR4A
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@hq.cnsl.spear.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:41:42 -0400
Any hints on stopping this (besides my current method of
popping the clutch :0)

1) Newly rebuilt HS6 carbs, including new throttle shafts,
   synchronized with Unysin
2) New ignition components
3) Timing set at 4 BTDC
4) Mechanical advance appears to work - timing advances
   when revved and vacuum line off
5) Mechanical advance weights move freely
6) Diesels *every* time after warmed up
7) I'm running combustion chamber cleaner through with
   this tank of gas, doesn't seem to be helping.

Also, if anyone has a good source for a choke cable, I'm
looking.  I have a cheap new one (source undetermined,
it came with the car) that binds so much at the knob end
that you can't pull the choke lever up.

Thanks

Cliff Hansen
1966 TR-4A CTC64615L