FW: RE: Font Problems?

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: RE: Font Problems?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:06:44 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Daniel Julien
<danj@thc.state.tx.us>]]

     Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:22:16 -0500
     From: Daniel Julien <danj@thc.state.tx.us>
     Subject: RE: Font Problems?

When setting up e-mail options, the rule of thumb should be that if you
don't *need* an option, don't use it. ANY e-mail client and any e-mail
server can handle plain-text. Things like HTML will confuse many clients
(and mjb's server may filter it out). When I get messges in HTML format,
they show up as attachments, which I have to call up my Web browser to
read. And nearly always, they turn out to be simple text - so I wasted
my time waiting to load them into the browser. Stick to plain-text.

Dan Julien
'72 TR6
djulien@mail.utexas.edu

[Yes, stick to plain text.  I'm going to just start junking messages in
 html format or that have clueless microsoft garbage attached on the end.

  mjb. ]