WARNING: SOAP BOX: Re: going away because....

To: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WARNING: SOAP BOX: Re: going away because....
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:17:38 -0500
I usually stay out of the fray with the inane threads that sometimes
show up here on this list.  I apologize for wasting bandwidth now, but
lately it's been hard to keep up with the deletions of the hundreds of
messages that are showing up daily. I find about a dozen messages in
the list to read daily. I probably delete away another dozen which
would be interesting, but they get caught under the finger during mass
deletions, and anyway, who really has time to read 100 messages each
day? Many of these are replies which should have been sent to an
individual, but instead get sent to the list. When I have something to
add, I try to respond to the individual as opposed to the world, and I
believe that if we all took a look at what we are sending out to the
list, we could pare it down. I'm not saying that we should eliminate
all the "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" stuff, but it would
be nice not to see the same stuff regurgitated in message after
message. It would be really nice not to see so much stuff directed at
one or two people sent to the whole list. Original thoughts, humor,
banter and tech stuff all have their places on the list, but like
everything else, too much of anything is a problem. I'll go one further
than Dave Terrick, why don't we all look into setting up lists in the
address book features of our mailers. We can set up lists of like
minded folks. Forward the humor stuff et. al. to people on our lists.
End of soap box!

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: going away because....
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 9:44 AM
>
> OK guys,  this is it.
>
> My mailbox is now overflowing with trivial arcenic-laced insult
trading.
> It's time to purge the log of this rot.
>
> No, censorship is not apropriate,  I will simply lurk for a while.
This
> means I will likely not read or respond to anything on the list
unless I am
> in a "very good" mood.  The Appearance of  a nasty note will trigger
my
> lucas like breakdown switch and my email screen will go blank.
>
> I am interested in talking about Triumphs.  Not grammar.  Not income.
 Not
> Pebble Beach.  Nor do I wish to read the same post 15 times as it
seems all
> replies include the original posting.  Often this results in a
horrible
> waste of time and space.  And,  if the post was on any of the above
> categories,  a compounding of the annoyance.
>
> For those who have questions about TR6 restorations (I've done two
body
> offs),  GT6 (one), or wish to talk about TR3 or $a  (sorry, 4A)
resto's