New Engine Problems

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Engine Problems
From: "ebachman" <ebachman@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:03:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I just got done rebuilding the engine in the TR6 and finally got it to fire.
After idling for about five minutes at good oil pressure, it slowly died.
Not a lock up, more like leaving it in gear and with the brakes on, slowly
letting out the clutch.  After that, the engine would turn, but very
reluctantly.  My guesses include trashing a bearing somewhere or possibly
improper gapping of the rings which expanded after the warm up.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting the mess, other than tearing the whole
thing down and starting over?

Thanks to all!

Eric Bachman
CF8981U

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."