Re: TR250 part numbers needed

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR250 part numbers needed
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:44:40 +0600 (EDT)
Thanks particularly to Phil Barnes, Henry Frye, Doug Mathews, Brian
Borgsatede, and my good friend Odd Hedberg ("Sell it and concentrate on
the Heralds and Spitfires!") for helping me out with the part numbers (no
TR250 catalogs and no WEB access at home on a holiday).

However, I must emphasize again that, much to my dismay, this TR250 does
not belong to me; I am simply caretaker/mechanic for same. The car belongs
to a good friend.

FWIW, I'll be trying to get the brakes squared away soon, as my friend has
a body shop appointment in a couple of weeks. The car is mechanically
great, and it has a nicely rewelded chassis. However, such care was not
extended (by various PO's) to the bodywork. It is, unfortunately, a
classic example of what one can do, given enough time, plastic filler and
sanding discs. Those of you who own these cars know only too well that the
chassis alone cannot make up for rust in the body. Solid tubs, too, are
needed to keep these cars reasonably rigid.

In partial defense of the PO, however, I'll note that the car sports a
very nice pair of fiberglass front fenders. They're good enough that
neither the current owner nor I noticed this for several months after he
got the car.

--Andy