Just a few novice questions...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Just a few novice questions...
From: Robert Shaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:33:24 -0700
I have a few questions about Triumphs that have developed in my
readings.  First off, it seems like overdrive seems to be a popular
transmission.  I know this is real simple, but what is overdrive? Why is
i better? And do most TR6s have it?  Also, I have seem many pictures of
the TR6 with a soft top and a hard top.  I'm impressed with the way the
hard top looks, it really dwarfs my friends MG w/ the soft top.  Can any
TR6 be fitted  with either top? And finally, about what range in mileage
do engines need a rebuild? Is this something I could do with a Chiltons
and fairly standard/cheap tools?
        Thanks a lot for the help.  Responses to my last message were certainly
enlightening.  I've applied for some good paying jobs for over the
upcoming college breaks, so hopefully I will have more than $1500 to
work with.  Thanks a lot!

                                                                        Ever
hopeful,

                                                                        Robert