Re: Dash Light Rheostat

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dash Light Rheostat
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: smith007@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> For my two cents worth, I wouldn't waste the money. The dash lights are
> barely usable as it is, even with the dimmer set to the brightest setting. If
> it were me, I would just jumper the rheostat out, and leave the knob in place
> just for apearance sake.

When I had a late job a couple of summers ago I drove a god-awful Ford
Fairmont wagon.  I found that night driving was much easier when the
gauges could be dimmed.  However, I'd bet my lousy Ford display was a lot
brighter than the average TR display.

The car itself had been possessed by Lucas several times.  It had a habit
of turning off _all_ electrical systems for several seconds, usually on a
dark corner.  Sometimes it was just the headlights *sigh*

I don't miss that car...

Of course, if you don't drive a night, this don't apply :-)

Also it's entertaining to have another thing to play with while driving
with a passenger :-) :-)