TR-6 rear camber problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 rear camber problems
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:10:44 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8766070341ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

   I am noticing wear on the inside edge of the rear tires of my recently
restored (finished 1 yr - 3,000 miles ago) '74 TR-6.  Every item was replaced
during the rebuild process.  When the car is parked it does have a slight
negative camber (top of tires tilted inward compared to the bottom)  Is this
normal?

   When it was aligned, rear camber was within spec ( -.9 deg on left, -1.4 deg
on right).  I used the stock grade bushings from TRF (because I live on a very
rough dirt road) along with the stock TRF springs (part #214293).  These
springs were significantly longer that those I removed ( ~12" vs. ~10"), new
rubber spring packings were also installed.  The training arm brackets are
installed with the notches up - 3 notch bracket in the inboard position and 1
notch bracket in the outboard position.

   I have read about possibly needing to use the aluminum spacer that BL came
up with to fix the camber problem.  Any ideas?

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us
Ridgecrest,CA