Re: Spit HP (was emissions)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit HP (was emissions)
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:52:41 GMT
Kris wrote:

>Okay, for those of us who have taken our 1500 engines and rebuilt them
>with 9.0:1 compression pistons, new valves, 3-angle valve job, stepped up
>cam, new performance exhaust system including headers, and a Weber
>carb with K&N filter, what can we expect?  65, perhaps 70 hp.?  Gees, I
>was hoping for at least 80.  That, of course, was based on my initial
>point of what I thought was 68 hp. as the decal in the engine compartment
>states.  I think.
>Kris

Kris...

What year is your Spit?  We're trying to nail down the advertised HP
on a '76 Federal 1500 which came through with 9.0 to 1 compression.

Do you really have an under hood sticker that states HP?
Hmmmm...maybe I better dash out and take a look at mine too!
<Okay Joe...I'll get the comission # while I'm there... :-) >

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits