Re: rebuilding TR6 seat cushions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rebuilding TR6 seat cushions
From: rangerc@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 11:05:19 -0500 (CDT)
On 10/04/97 10:38:29 you wrote:

>Alright - I'm quickly growing tired of seeing morsels of seat cushion
>foam fall over my brand new carpeting.  I'm a bit short on time these
>days and seem to remember that rebuilding seat cushions is a job that
>requires great care and patience (I'm not exactly flush with cash,
>either). Has anyone had an upholstery shop perform the labor with kits
>bought from TRF/Moss/VB/Brit Conn/BPNW.  How much did they charge.  Who
>supplies the seat kit with the best value?
>
>Carl Huppert

Carl:
I used the kit from Moss (foam only, my covers were ok)and was very pleased
with it, comfortwise, fit, etc.  I paid about $150 for an upholstery shop to
install it, after stripping one down myself and realizing they wouldn't look
the same with my "washboard" effect!  Money well spent, IMO.
Craig Stone  76 TR-6