Spitfire Sill replacement - DIY ?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Sill replacement - DIY ?
From: jw@mail09.mitre.org (Joe Whalley)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 97 11:27:21 -0400
My Spitfire sills are completely shot, and I was wondering if it makes sense to
spend the money on a mig welder and replace them myself, figuring I'd pay for
the welder with what it would cost to have them put on. Trouble is, I've never
welded before, and wonder if this is more than a rank beginner should attempt.

In looking at the VB catalog, I see the Outer Rocker Panel and End Cap which I
obviously need, but am not sure about the "Rocker Panel Oversill Kit". Is this
an option? What about the "Inner Sill" and "Rocker Panel Inner" I'd appreciate
any advice on this idea, and on who offers the best value in sill parts.

Thanks - Joe