Re: transporting an lbc

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: transporting an lbc
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 16:31:23 -0700
Ed,
  I've hauled several Spits, albeit short distances, with the ass-end
forwards on a tow dolly.  I figured it would eliminate any involvment
with the drive train and any damage that might occur.  I checked the
front wheel bearings for any play before the trip, likewise, any other
movement from loose front suspension, and had no problems.  If you've
got plenty of time, just take it easy and stop every fifty miles or so
to check it.  I'd consider re-packing the front bearings before your
trip, and take an extra wheel w/tire.  I believe you would leave the car
steering loose and the dolly steering locked in this situation, but
you'd be better off double-checking that.  Best of Luck...

Peter Ficklin
'64 Spit
'68 Spit