transporting an lbc

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: transporting an lbc
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 18:18:14 -0400
I will be hauling a spit, of unknown condition, approximately 500
miles.  I assume the preferred method would be to get all four wheels
off the ground (a car hauler).  Unfortunately, my regular vehicles -- a
volvo and a jeep cherokee are not rated to use such a trailer.  The
U-Haul version is 2,100# empty.  So, I suspect I will have to use the
dolly type arrangement, placing the two front wheels in a cradle.
The spit runs, but hasn't been on the road for approximately 4 years.  I
would like some imput or suggestions from you people, but would assume
that I should:
1.  Check the rear wheel bearings for greese
2.  Check the differential for fluid
3.  Is there a recomendation to remove the drive shaft?

This being my first lbc, what tools should I carry with me to complete
this task -- the type fluid and greese?
I would appreciate your comments and/or suggestions.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton