TR6 door spring

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 door spring
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:58:29 -0400
Cc: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
        Lex,

        I can't find the part you're referring to in my Stack O'Parts that
I pulled from a ratty '74 TR6. Are you referring, perhaps, to the 1" long
(but much smaller diameter) spring that rides in the inside door handle
release mechanism?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        '68 TR250 CD3574L

I'm working on my TR6 doors (still), and there's a little part which I need
and can't find anywhere.  At the end of the "remote control assembly"
(the flat metal bar that runs most of the length of the door)  for the
inside
door release there is a short spring about 1" in diameter where the bar
joins the rest of the latch assembly.  One of mine is gone.  Does anyone
know where I can get a replacement or substitute?  The outside key lock
doesn't work well, or at all, without it.  They are not available from
Moss,
TRF, etc.