Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #699 Sat Jun 28 09:48:22 MDT 1997

To: jacad@cam.org
Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #699 Sat Jun 28 09:48:22 MDT 1997
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:32:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry,

Whether or not the judges provide feedback is a function of the organization.
 TRA's policy are:
a. all judging sheets are provided back to the car owner after awards
presentation.
b. all deductions are noted on the judging forms to tell the car owner
what was deducted and why so the owner can make his car better.
c. judging guidelines are produced to provide a standard procedure for
the judges, to take away the subjective part as much as possible.
d. yearly judging schools are run to train new judges, and refresh older
ones.

This is simple for TRA since we judge only TR2s through TR4As.  VTR has a
harder job.  VTR's policies are in effect to minimize arguements since the
judging personnel are not "trained" per say, and since guidelines are not
available except what's in a person's mind.

I fought the VTR judging form battle with George Raby years ago and lost!
Maybe if other model owners got together and put together judging guidelines
as we have for the TR2 through TR4A for TRA, the VTR judging would be less
subjective.

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge...

Bruce Clough
TRA TR4 Head Judge