TR6 hood (bonnet) hinges

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 hood (bonnet) hinges
From: QAGroup@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
Has anyone ever done anything about worn TR6 hood hinges?  Mine seem to have
alot of play and at $43 each (for new ones) I would like to try to do
something other than replace them.  I was thinking about drilling them out
and fitting a bolt through the pin hole or bringing them to a machine shop to
have larger pins pressed in.  I know that some of you had (or have) wobbly
hoods and maybe you have found a better way.

TIA
Randy Kosow
'73 TR6 CF614