Concourse Judging

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Concourse Judging
From: joe worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 09:22:37 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
> Only problem is that the judges in a concours competition will not
>offer details on originality (at least that was last years policy at
>VTR96 in Albany) They won't tell you why where you lost your points for
>non originality so you must rely on other helpfull owners to point these
> things out. I must admit, I got plenty of great pointers from some
> pretty knowledgeable "ANAL" enthusiasts as you refer to them. Enjoy
>your car and don't take the comments as critiques of your car ....all
>the guy is trying to do is be helpfull or in fact learn something from
>you about originality.
>
> Barry Shefner
> 59 TR3A OTS 57675
> Gold Award winner 1996 VTR Concourse (386 points and very proud of it
> for a first attempt)

If we are striving for perfection on originality why not post the judging
guide for all the cars on the net so folks will have some help in
restoring their cars I know that the scoring sheet is posted but uit
gives no hint as to what you were marked down on. Judging will then be
based on how well the work was done and not who had access to the guide
or best information as to how it was originally.  Many of us would like
to compete but might not know others that are kowledgable or have access
to the needced information.

An example of this is myself.  I have been lucky to obtain some
information from bill wood on vacuum line routing etc. while reinstalling
the original carburation on my TR8.  But there are still things I
question and can't possibly know every question to ask about originality.

I will be starting a TR6 restoration in a year or so and will have many
questions that could be answered by reading a judging guide.

--
Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC