Re: Need suggestion for auto transport L.A. to Portland,OR

To: VATAINC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need suggestion for auto transport L.A. to Portland,OR
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:40:48 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
VATAINC@aol.com wrote:

> Looking for suggestions of auto transport for a running Herald from Los
> Angeles area to Portland,OR. Car is ready now to ship. Any  suggestions on
> who to use or not use.
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Call
> Portland,OR

Tom,

I'd be happy to bring it to San Jose, but I couldn't guarantee it will
ever make it to Portland ;-)

Seriously though, why not just fly to LA and drive or trailer it back.
You could probally even fit it into the back of a 18' Ryder truck with
long enough ramps or a convienient loading dock.

If you do bring it back yourself come on by and tip a pint with us. I'd
love to see your new aquisition, and you could check out the one and
only (as far as I know) Racin' Herald. If you take hwy 101 you'll go
right past my house, and what better way to test out your new Herald....

I don't know much about auto transport companies, but if you do use one
make sure to insure the car for a reasonable ammount. If anything
happened they'd probally value a cherry Herald at about $250.00 8^(....
Let me know what you decide.

BTW, my mom's having an '84 Jetta I gave her shipped to Virginia for
about $850.00, but I can't report on the service till it gets there
(they pick it up today).

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Racin' Herald