VTR - Ft. Worth

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: VTR - Ft. Worth
From: joe worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:04:00 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well I'm all ready to go to Ft Worth (or thought I was).  The TR8 is on
the jack stands.  I painted my wheels, put new steering rack gathers on
and a pair of tie rod ends and ball joint boots (rubber seals rotted) and
did a thousnd other things.

What do I see today when I get home?  A puddle of brake fluid around the
Rt rear wheel.  The new paint on the back of the wheel is destroyed as
well as the brake shoes.  I just ordered new wheel cylinders and shoes
from my local parts house.  I guess that's normal.  I don't remember all
these little things back in 1962 when I had a 60 TR3.  Was I just young
and ignorant?? or didn't care.

Should I order anything else while I still have time?  I could get a
trailer hitch on it and haul the cell phone and all the spare
parts/books/tools in the garage. The UPS Guy must think I'm crazy he's
been here and to the office with boxes for me so much lately.  The car
only has 14k miles on it.  I guess i'll strip/repaint the wheel tonight
while I wait for the parts.

I am replacing parts on both axles for those of you that might be
wondering.

By the way I got a car cover from cover craft today. It's a second but I
dusted the dirt off and it looks new.  How do they do it.  Do they just
put a little dirty spot on it and then sell it cheap when things are
slow.  I don't know anyone that hasn't been able to get one.
--
Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC