Re: replacing differential

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: replacing differential
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:54:51 -0700
>OK Scions,
>Serious question time.  Do I have to remove the entire rear suspension
>to replace the diff. assembly?  Or can it be done by removing the stub
>shaft bolts. spring bolts and diff mount bolts?
*****************
Besides removing the exhaust system aft of the header or exhaust manifold
you'll probably find it's easier by now to just remove everything, as you
will have to remove the spring also, which means the vertical links have no
upper support.  When you remove the axles then there is nothing to support
the vertical links and they will end up hanging on the brake lines/radius
rods and generally getting in the way.  Most of the work is already done at
this point, and it's just a matter of removing the brake hoses, radius rod
bolts, and hand brake cable to remove the axles/brake/vertical link assys.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )